Back in January 2020, I painted a sample of paint on the walls of our main floor bathroom with dreams of redoing the space. Yes, the pandemic may have thrown a small wrench in the plans, but quite frankly, the main delay was raising a very active toddler. The delay turned out to be a blessing because I did a lot more research and decided to take a different--and much better--angle on the remodel.
On November 1st, I took the plunge and started the project by painting the existing light
I then moved on to painting and stenciling the upper half of the walls.
Throughout all this work, I always had a very willing sidekick. Not once did I have to ask Kyron for help, the minute he heard me working in the bathroom, he would run over to offer his assistance!
Thankfully, the floor came up easily and the subfloor was in good condition,
I just got to do a lot of scraping and cleaning
Prior to beginning this project, I purchased two power tools to make it possible for me to do this work. I watched a ton of tutorials and talked a great deal with Dad--but when it came time to make my first cut, my heart was RACING! I was terrified! I think Dad could tell my nerves were racing, so over the phone he finally said: "You'll be fine. Just go cut your tile." I was having a hard time with my circular saw and thankfully I was able to trouble shoot with Dad over the phone where we figured out I didn't install the blade correctly. Once that was fixed, the saw cut like butter.
After one day of work (and a lot of screen time for the kiddos...) I had a new bathroom floor!
The wall panels were installed and painted and Kyron jumped on the opportunity help get the vanity situated!
During this entire project, my ear was either attached to my phone or a video chat was in session with my Dad. This project was only possible because of his help, patience, guidance, and expertise. Many hours of planning were done with him prior to work being done and many more hours were spent while this bathroom came together. I'm so thankful for his willingness to make this happen--I'm thrilled with how everything turned out.
20 days after I started the work, we officially had a functioning (and much prettier) bathroom!
My favorite compliment was when Eliana came out from using the bathroom and said, "Mom, I feel like I'm going to the bathroom in a castle!"















No comments:
Post a Comment