Monday, February 4, 2019

Watching the Bump

Never posted this back in November...

The time is getting closer and closer to when we get to meet Baby Woodhouse #4...which means I'm just getting bigger and bigger!


This pregnancy has had zero complications and for this I am grateful.  By the end of the day, hip and back pain can really get to me, but it is usually non-existent in the mornings.  A new thing for this pregnancy has been swelling---but, of course, NOTHING like the swelling I experienced with the reactive inflammatory arthritis during Hylie's pregnancy!  But my current swelling makes playing the violin extremely difficult, the piano is tolerable, and by the time I'm done typing this post, my fingers will be numb--so meal prep and other tasks that involve my hands can get a little cumbersome.  But I can still function, so if this is the worst thing that happens during this pregnancy, I'll take it!

The baby continues to be super active--the girls love coming over to feel the baby move and I love their sweet smiles when they feel a kick or a roll.  The heartbeat is strong and healthy, the baby is positioned well for delivery, and as of my 36 week appointment (which was last week) I am 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced!  First time I've ever progressed before labor begins!  Woo hoo!

The doctors continue to encourage me to be induced at 39 weeks and when they pointed out the induction could be scheduled when I come for my next appointment, I felt my anxiety rise.  This whole time I've had the mentality of: the baby won't come until the end of February or beginning of March...but now it could come in two weeks!

Now we are just praying for a smooth delivery and a healthy and happy baby.  Looking forward to the adventures just ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment