I am so extremely grateful for families. Through the roles of fathers and mothers, children are able to be guided, protected, strengthened, and loved. I am still in awe of the blessing I have to be a mother--I yearned for this blessing because of the love and guidance I receive from my mother. I desired to provide the same blessings, opportunities, and care my mother gave me to children of my own. I am so lucky to have my mom just a phone call away as I continue to figure out my role and how I can best fulfill it. Daily I am humbled by what I lack, yet Heavenly Father blesses and strengthens me so I can be enough for my husband and children. I look back at where I was when Hylie was first born and can see how much I've grown as a woman and mother--and I see where I still need to grow. A dear friend once taught me, "The atonement of Jesus Christ bridges the gap between the mother I am and the mother I want to be." I have seen the Savior's hand in my life as I strive to do what is right and best for my family, for this I am eternally grateful. How I hope I can continue to draw from His love so I can bring that love to my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment