Monday, January 15, 2018

Christmas Time at the Woodhouses

December was full of Christmas happenings all around our home.  We kept busy, but we enjoyed every second of the preparations and celebrations.

At the beginning of the month, we pulled out our little tree and had fun making it festive!






Last year, Dean and Andrea gave us "25 Days of Christ" which gives your family an opportunity to have a daily Christ-centered devotional and make a craft based on what you learned about the Savior.  I love that the kids beg us to do this--but I admit, we haven't been able to squeeze it in every single day.  So for our family, it looks like it's the "3-year-program 25 days of Christ".  We got up to day 18 this year, so I'm hopeful we'll complete all the ornaments next year and then continue to enjoy the devotionals each Christmas season.










All throughout the month of December, I would find drawings like this around the house that Hylie created.  I hope the reason of the season will always resonate with her.

2 comments:

  1. Hope the 25 Days of Christ brings the Spirit and not stress! ;) And I think Hylie has far surpassed my artistic skills by age 5. That nativity is INCREDIBLE! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love the 25 days of Christ! I was also proud of myself, I didn't let the guilt set in when I realized I wouldn't be able to do it every night--so I decided to enjoy it when we could do it (because what kind of message would I be sending to my family if I was stressed about it, right?) We love it and will cherish it for years to come!

      Delete