Saturday, September 30, 2017

A Visit to the Shedd Aquarium

This month, the Shedd Aquarium opened its doors for all Illinois residents to come free-of-charge.  We got wind of that and decided to check this place out on Tuesday.  The only way we could fit the trip in was to go right after Hylie got home from school...which meant skipping nap time.  I was a little nervous!  But the girls loved every moment and were so well-behaved...the rest of the week was completely off, though.  Ha ha!




 When I asked Hylie if she wanted to pet the Sting Rays, she looked at me like I was insane.  "Don't they sting?"  But after I reassured her these Sting Rays wouldn't harm her and she saw everyone else completely enjoying the experience, she decided to give it a try and loved it!


 Eliana LOVED the penguins!

 Even though the museum was open to all Illinois residents, it wasn't super crowded.  These two had this submarine all to themselves--tons of buttons to push equals complete kid-paradise!




I kept Lillian strapped to me all day, but just before we left I sat her on the ledge to watch the fish up close.  SHE LOVED IT!  I felt bad that I didn't think to do it sooner!

We'll definitely be visiting again, it was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment