Monday, July 10, 2017

Basement Make-over

Around the second week of June, Lillian had a few better nights of sleep--which, of course, means Mom got a little more sleep as well.  I forgot how great it felt to have some more shut-eye under my belt--I had more energy, I felt like I could complete a coherent sentence, and I was able to stay more focused on a task.  It was so incredible, that I decided it was finally time to paint the basement!  So I pulled everything away from the walls, covered up all the furniture, and started sanding.  I figured if I had all the paint supplies out, I might as well do the basement bathroom at the same time.  Then, of course, when I was knee-deep in this undertaking, Lillian had a couple of rough nights, ha ha!

Here are some before pics:











Hylie and Eliana kept begging to help paint, so I saved them a patch to do, with a LOT of assistance from mom. ;)








Yep, we're keeping a patch of the red wall behind the TV.  Hanging the TV was a little stressful for me four years ago, so I decided to keep the mounting bracket as is so when we rehung everything, we'd know it would still work just fine.

And the "AFTERS":



I know, I still need to hang pics on the wall.  But let's be honest, if I wait until I finally print out updated photos, frame them, and hang them before I blog about this project, you wouldn't see this post until October...









I'm so glad to finally have this project done!  I love how everything turned out and even though it was a last-minute, impulse decision to do, it worked out perfectly because Grandma and Grandpa came right after I was done painting the main room and Grandpa was able to help with the bathroom medicine cabinet, light, and switches--there is no way I could have done those aspects of the project.

BATHROOM BEFORES:




AND AFTERS:





I decided to add a white frame around the mirror

and some storage baskets for the finishing touches.


We love how this home is coming together!

No comments:

Post a Comment