Mom stayed with the girls while Geoff and I were in the hospital, kept the house in order, ran errands, made dinners, played with the girls, held Lillian, and just spoiled us all silly.
Five days after Lillian was born, our dear Grandpa Nelson passed away. He led a life full of goodness, charity, hard work, faith, and selfless giving. I have fond memories of visiting in my childhood and playing on all the yard toys Grandpa made. But some of the sweetest moments I had were when I was in college and would go visit and stay with Grandma and Grandpa from time to time. They always welcomed me whenever I asked to come visit when I needed a break from college life. I enjoyed joining them for their morning scripture study, watching general conference, helping with tasks around the house, and just watching Grandma and Grandpa interact with such love, support, and respect for each other. I received a few blessings from Grandpa when my health was not good and when I was job searching after graduation and I was always so grateful that I could ask him for a priesthood blessing and he would respond with such love and willingness. His testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ radiated in everything he said and did. I am so thankful for Grandpa's love of the Lord, love of family, and love of living what he knew was right. I will miss him, but I will live my life so I can be with him and all our family eternally.
When Mom knew she would need to leave for the funeral, she ran out to the store, bought enough groceries to feed 10 armies, and then spent a day in the kitchen making meals to last us through the Millennium! Ha ha!
We enjoyed every second with Grandma and needed every ounce of help she brought. Thank you, Mom, for all you do all the time to help us move along!
Mom also made this absolutely beautiful quilt for Lillian. What a treasure! Thanks, Mom!

After your mom left I thought about arranging for a meal to be brought in, but then I realized your mom had probably left a ton of food. Looks like I was right!
ReplyDelete