Saturday, September 10, 2016

Master Bedroom

I honestly thought we wouldn't get around to painting the master bedroom until it was a necessity--like we had to put our house up on the market or something...but, when we moved Eliana and Hylie together it created an extra room to move our bedroom stuff out to make room to paint!  Geoff surprised me by being on board with my crazy nesting plan and he prepped the room for a much needed makeover.  Not only that, he even painted the ceiling which was the hardest part of the entire project!

Here are the lovely "BEFORE PICTURES":



Please note all the stains on the wall beneath the pictures and the cables running along the baseboards.  Geoff sorted through all the cables and found we only needed to keep two feet of cable for our internet connection--he tossed close to 40 feet of all the extra stuff that has been there for who knows how long!


And during:

This project involved many late nights, early mornings, working during nap time, having our sweet neighbor take our kiddos for a couple of hours on two separate days, and Geoff and I camping out in the living room at night.

But, looking at these "AFTER PICS" just reminds me it was all worth it:


Yes, that's right, I painted the room purple--it's the 'new neutral' ;)

Can I just say I hope this 'gallery wall' trend never goes away?  It is so much easier to hang pictures when you're not trying to keep them lined up perfectly with each other!

 This was my first attempt at recovering a seat cushion and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.





 And a painting project of mine isn't complete unless there's stenciling involved, right?  I stenciled some designs with high-gloss paint in the corners--this detail is only noticeable in certain light/angles and it makes me smile every time they pop out.

Thanks, Geoff, for putting up with my crazy!  I think my nesting phase is slowing down...no promises though.



2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS room!! You are so very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is WOW! It looks amazing and iMm in awe at all you do while pregnant! I usually just eat extra amounts of ice cream! 😉

    ReplyDelete