Saturday, August 6, 2016

Dining Room Chairs

So, technically, I shouldn't be posting this yet because the dining room chair project isn't done...but I decided to celebrate the half-way point.

This week I finished four of the eight dining room chairs--and found out just how time consuming this project really is!  Each chair takes a little over seven hours of work to complete.  I told Geoff I wish we had eight tables and one chair!  I've found that I enjoy painting large, flat surfaces over skinny, spindly things--so yes, when you look closely at these chairs, you'll find drip marks and brush strokes.  But despite the flaws and imperfections, I'm grateful to say that I do love how they turned out!


BEFORE

Then I...










sanded the seat,




















applied 3 coats of wood stain,






















sanded and primed the back and legs,




















painted one of the two coats,
















and then once the second coat of paint was applied: Voila! THE BEAUTIFUL AFTER! 


Only four more chairs (aka about 30 hours) to go!

1 comment: