Sunday, October 26, 2014

Trunk or Treat!

Hylie has been so excited about Halloween these past few weeks.  Not a day has passed where she hasn't said, "Hylie be Elmo for Halloween, and Daddy Cookie Monster, and Mom is Oscar the Grouch!"  Yep, she picked out all of our costumes and has been consistent (and persistent) on her selections as well.  I've asked if I could be Big Bird or Grover (at least someone with a sweeter disposition?) but she would hear nothing of it!  So I sewed our little beanies together, got Hylie some Elmo PJ's and she absolutely LOVED the costumes.



She even practiced saying "Trick-or-Treat" and made sure we understood that people would give her candy when she spouts out that phrase.  We got her to practice saying "Thank you" as well, but when she was at the Trunk-or-Treat event for our ward this past weekend, her shyness (and fatigue--guess who's been refusing to nap!) set in, and she barely made a peep at each candy station.  Thankfully, people were so nice and gave her the goods even if she didn't participate with the Halloween lingo.



She was pretty excited to break into her stash that night before we even got in the car to go home.  I think Hylie's an official fan of Halloween!


I think Hylie's glazed look is a combination of sleep deprivation and sugar coma, Ha ha!

1 comment:

  1. You guys look GREAT! And I'm impressed that Hylie was so decisive and stuck with her decision. Everyone around here changes their minds 12 times a day!

    ReplyDelete