Monday, September 15, 2014

Family Vacation

Geoff took the first week of September off and Hylie and I thoroughly enjoyed having him around 24/7.  He kept pretty busy with house projects: mudding the pantry wall, emptying out the nursery so  we can paint, and finalizing details on our kitchen re-do.  The poor guy didn't rest much.

The weather couldn't have been more perfect for our little get-aways.  We slipped out to the beach on one of the hotter days and had the best time.  Hylie loves going to the beach already, but to have Dad there building sand piles and digging puddles makes it that much better!  Unfortunately, I was a bit of a slacker when it came to taking pics, but here's a fun one with Dad:



We also ventured down to Geoff's college stomping grounds: Purdue.  Before we hit the campus, we met up with Mama Doeden--the mother of one of Geoff's roommates.  On many occasions, this sweet woman hosted bunches of crazy college boys looking to get away from campus life.  It was nice visiting with her and Hylie sure enjoyed playing with her grandkid's toys!

Being on the Purdue campus with Geoff was such a treat.  He showed us where he lived, the paths he took to get to class, and we were even able to venture into the engineering building where many of his (stressful) days were spent.  Geoff was shocked as to how much had NOT changed--the floors were a little more worn, but the artwork and classrooms where just as he left them!

The campus was absolutely beautiful and HUGE!  I thought BYU was overwhelming when I first got there, I think it would take until my junior year to get my bearings at Purdue.  Hylie ESPECIALLY loved the gorgeous fountains and even managed to get extremely wet while we were there!












This little courtyard was a hit with Hylie.  If you stand in the middle and clap, a squeaking noise is heard...Geoff can explain the physics behind it all, all I can do is share this cute pic!  Just the other day, Hylie was in the car clapping and asking where the squeak was, ha ha!

Thanks for a fantastic adventure at Purdue, Geoff!

No comments:

Post a Comment