Friday, August 22, 2014

Happy Birthday, Hylie!

It's hard to believe this little gal is two already!  Hylie started getting excited about birthdays in general from an Elmo episode she enjoyed that explained birthdays, so when we told her that her's was coming up, boy was she thrilled!  She let us know she wanted to have a princess party, balloons, a heart cake with sprinkles, and that Hylie, mom, and dad were all to wear crowns, ha ha!

We sure had fun putting her birthday together and it seemed like she enjoyed her day.


We decided to celebrate her birthday a day early so it would be on a Saturday--she didn't seem to mind.  She woke up to some fun balloons--but this mom is going to have to be more stealthy next year because I actually woke her up the night before trying to tie them to her bed!  Ah!  Luckily the room was dark enough she didn't see them, but I had to get her back to sleep... 




Hylie LOVED all the pictures from this past year.
A birthday dinner of Hylie's favorites: chicken, bread, pickles and...

BIG CORN!

Getting ready to be measured--Hylie grew SEVERAL inches in one little year.  She's still in the 95th percentile with her height!

We got Hylie a 'Klip-Klop Princess Castle' and it was a HIT!  She loves watching the little horsies strut down the ramps.

And the little carousel on the castle plays music which Hylie was quick to dance to--then she got even MORE excited when she saw her shadow wanted to join in on the fun!

Finally it was time for her birthday cake with TWO candles (Hylie kept reminding us that she gets to have more than just one!)  On Monday our Family Home Evening activity was learning how to blow out candles...

...and the practice paid off!

Hylie also got some princess gear from Grandma and Grandpa and our dear friend, Mer.  If you can't tell, she absolutely LOVES it!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful princess! Happy Birthday, Hylie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your picture poster is awesome! I love how excited Hylie was for her birthday. I wanna know where her colored hair is though?! I hear she spotted that at the party store! Ha! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! Yes, she did--she wanted purple hair, but when I went back, they only had orange left. Hopefully I'll find some soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!!! She is adorable. Charlotte lived in those princess gowns.

    ReplyDelete