Thursday, July 31, 2014

Girl's Camp and Grandma's Help

I got to experience our church's week-long Girl's Camp for the Young Women organization.  I am still in awe at all the work that went into the camp--I just showed up and tried to keep all the girls on task and out of trouble (and I was EXHAUSTED from just doing that!)

I was able to go because my Mom was willing to come to Chicago and stay with Hylie while Geoff was at work.  Hylie (and Geoff) were certainly spoiled with gourmet breakfasts, yummy brownies, amazing dinners, and a clean house!  Mom even did some home-improvements and got us a much-needed light for over our kitchen sink.

Hylie was busy all day going to the park, blowing bubbles, and doing crafts.  Grandma went the extra mile and even pushed Hylie on her bike (TWICE) to the park which is a good ten-minute walk.  Being hunched over, pushing, and steering Hylie is NO easy task...especially when Hylie applies the brakes!  Grandma definitely gets MAJOR bonus points for that feat!

Can you guess which ones Hylie did all by herself?

Grandma claims Hylie behaved and didn't cause any trouble--I sure hope that was the case.

After a long week at camp, I was so excited to see Geoff and Hylie.  Hylie melted my heart by saying, "Mommy come home from camp" when I walked in the door and then snuggled with me on the couch.

Grandma flew home Saturday morning before I got back from camp.  She knew Grant was going to be in the Chicago area that night and was stopping by for a visit, so she made dinner (which included a yummy dessert) for all of us before she left!  Talk about being spoiled beyond belief!  Thanks, Mom, we sure love you and are forever grateful for all you do and even more for who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment