Originally, to put together this post I was going to play the "While You Were Sleeping" DVD in my computer and 'screen shot' the various scenes we visited in Chicago...but the DVD we own is not compatible with our computer (huh?) so I'm left to depend on pics other people have posted on the web...
Our first stop was the train station where Lucy worked. I was shocked to see they still had a booth! (Most CTA stations have vending machines and card readers, no one really mans a booth anymore.)
Pointing to where the tokens (and eventually engagement ring) were placed.
We then headed to the bridge where Lucy and her boss would go to get hot dogs.
I was quite disappointed that there were NO hot dog vendors to be found, but Geoff humored me and we went to a hot dog shop where I was able to order a hot dog with "just mustard". I giggled when they got my order wrong, which is what always happened in the movie!
Notice the remnants of ketchup on the hot dog bun? Yup, when the guy realized he got my order wrong, he just scraped off the incorrect ingredients and squirted on the mustard, ha ha!
Next, we went to the boardwalk where Jack and Lucy fell in love on their long, romantic walk back to her apartment. Geoff certainly did his research...when we were walking to our other various destinations around the river, I never saw a spot where you could walk right along the water...sure enough, Geoff led us right to the location!
I was nervous about our final destination: Lucy's apartment. As we were driving there I kept asking Geoff: what if they knocked the building down (the film was done 20 years ago!) or gated it so the public couldn't access the grounds? Well, none of my fears were realized and Geoff and I got to pose in the 'leaning scene' with Jack and Lucy! Oh, was I giddy!
I was even able to convince Geoff to 're-enact' the slipping on ice scene before we left.
Thanks, Geoff, for the best birthday adventure! It was so wonderful to spend this fun afternoon with you.









What a fun outing! I can't believe that movie is 20 years old. Now I feel old.
ReplyDeleteThis is AWESOME!! Who wouldn't want to do a While You Were Sleeping tour?? So fun to see all your pics.
ReplyDeleteSeriously awesome!! One of my all time favorite movies. What a great birthday present to you from Geoff. Great pictures!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great birthday treat! Geoff really knows how to pull some awesome surprises!
ReplyDelete