Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmas around our Home 2013

Initially my goal was to paint the ceilings, trim, and walls in our living and dining room area before the end of 2013.  But once I pulled out our Christmas décor, I had no desire to start moving things around, covering furniture, and spreading dust everywhere to get this accomplished.  So I decided to just enjoy the month of December with no DIY projects--and I'm quite glad I did!

Here are some fun things we enjoyed around our home this Christmas:




Decorating the Christmas Tree (with frequent "undecorating" by Hylie).



I love this Christmas wreath...I don't know if it's because I still love how the door looks with its new paint or if it's because I'm proud of myself for making it at the beginning of December so I could enjoy it all month long--regardless, I thought it helped make our home look somewhat festive.



Our new and beautiful Nativity.



Our stockings and little "Woodhouses". 



Eventually these will become our stocking holders...so they're still a work in progress.  Initially I was set on making all of our stocking when we were first married. 



I was able to get Geoff's 80% complete back in 2011, but wasn't super thrilled with how it turned out.  Then a friend of mine in Denver surprised me with the beautiful stockings seen in the picture above.  As mentioned before, everything is still a work in progress...but that work won't resume again until Christmas of 2014!

We sure enjoyed being surrounded by reminders of the Christmas Season!
 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the stockings and stocking holders! Your wreath is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete