We recently completed the first phase of our mud room renovation. Because I took out the closet in the living room for a 'music nook', we needed a spot to hang our coats. So we sanded, patched and painted one of the walls in the mud room and got a much more attractive (and operable) light.
drum roll please....
Thanks to Dad's amazing carpentry skills, he made us a wood mount so the light could be installed properly. I'm still in awe at how perfect the wood mount is and Dad wasn't even here to measure or look anything over! He asked a few questions and a few days later, his handy work appeared in the mail! Thanks so much, Dad!
Yes, that is a piece of Styrofoam shoved in the bottom of the light to try to get it to straighten out!
When I picked up the hooks for the wall, Geoff was confused why I wanted to mount more than three hooks. I used the argument we would need hooks for guests...in reality, we need hooks for all of my coats, jackets and vests. One day Geoff will realize that women truly need twice as many things as a man ever will...but don't worry, we still have a few empty hooks, so please feel free to visit us any time!
And during this renovation, we even took the time to play in the fall leaves before our first snowfall!
I love how Hylie kept her right leg elevated...just like she did when she sat in grass for the first time. Ha ha!



Your mudroom looks great! Deadlines are tricky...sometimes they're great because they're motivating and other times they're futile! Also, I LOVE your new family picture at the top!
ReplyDeleteLooks awesome! Aren't we all so lucky to have Dad in our back pocket?! ;) Can't wait to see you all in a few weeks. And I agree with Genevieve, that picture up top is ADORABLE!
ReplyDelete