Thursday, October 31, 2013
Happy Halloween!
This year we decided to dress Hylie up as a Cabbage Patch Kid. I did quite a few searches on how to make a wig and found there was very little help out there, but after reading one semi-helpful post on the interwebs, I decided to just give it a try. It turned out to be such an easy task! I wound the yarn around a shoe box, cut it down the middle so I had a bunch of yarn laying horizontally one way, then laid the yarn along a beanie, sewed a seam down the center and then sewed some bangs across the front! Once I had the yarn wound around the box, the wig took me literally less than five minutes to do! I wish that was the case for getting Hylie to actually WEAR it! Ha ha! Luckily, I made the wig at the beginning of October because it took some time to get Hylie warmed up to the idea of having this mop on her head. The first time I showed it to her, she cried. I put it on my head to show her what it was for, she screamed and pulled it off of me. Off to a great start, right? After a few days of absolutely NO success, I thought to put the wig on one of her dolls. After she saw me hugging the doll, she started snuggling with it too, and then after a few days, she let us put the wig on her! The funniest part is she really gets excited to wear it if you tell her how pretty she is in it! Ha ha! Do we have a girl on our hands or what?
We're looking forward to taking Hylie on her first Trick-or-Treating adventure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


This was such a great idea! And with no much help from the internet, it turned out amazing! She looks exactly like my cabbage patch doll that I had!
ReplyDelete