Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas Happenings

A few days before we left for Arizona, Geoff came home with a wonderful surprise.

That's right, he dug out our Christmas Tree from our storage unit!  (Trust me, this was no small feat.)  Apparently, Geoff got the tree over two weeks before, but I was always home when he got off work so he was keeping it in his trunk until he could set it up without me knowing.  He kept asking me if I wanted to go to the gym or on a walk with Hylie, but I was always too tired for the gym, or it was too cold outside.  Finally, one night he came home and told me I had to stay in the Nursery until he told me to come out.  Needless to say I was super excited with his surprise and told him the next time he wants me out of the house, just tell me to go shopping.


We also put together a Gingerbread House.  No, it's not the traditional Nelson graham cracker style, but it worked for us this year.  As we were putting it together, Geoff mentioned this was his first EVER Gingerbread House!  I have a feeling this will be his first of many...

One night I decided to try a Pinterest idea and make Christmas tree waffles.  I think I'm going to log this as my first Pinterest FAIL.  They tasted great, but they didn't stay green!


christmas waffle breakfast - Click image to find more popular food & drink Pinterest pins
What Pinterest says they should look like...

How the waffles turn out in real life.
I was also asked to direct our Church Choir for the Christmas program in our new ward.  We didn't start rehearsing until December 2nd but everything came together so wonderfully and we had a fun time singing together.  I arranged a selection incorporating "Hark!  The Herald Angels Sing" and "Angels We Have Heard on High" and also played a violin duet with another gal in our congregation.  I enjoyed being involved and couldn't have done it without Geoff's amazing help and support.  He was always tending to Hylie when I was conducting and even helped make some cookie treats I wanted to give the choir.  Thanks for being a super Dad and husband, Geoff!

Part of the script read for the Christmas program told a story of Elder Holland that I had never heard before.  Here is a link to the story, I hope it will touch your heart as much as it did ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment