Saturday, November 17, 2012

Three Months


 Hylie turns three months old today.  Looking back at her pictures from birth to now, she has really grown and changed...and she's only just begun!  We sure love having Hylie around.  She is smiling more and more and has started to give us some giggles when she's really tired.  Another thing we absolutely adore is that Hylie is starting to 'talk'.  She coos and gurgles and just makes the greatest baby sounds that we could listen to all day.  For a while I was feeling pretty special when she'd be looking into my eyes and just jabbering away--thinking, this is great bonding time!  But that special feeling faded away when I watched her carry on a pretty intense conversation with the ceiling fan.  Oh well.


As stated in the last post, Hylie loves to suck her thumb, but she hasn't learned to be very subtle about it yet.  Whenever you hear a sound like someone is just finishing their favorite milkshake, but there are no shakes around, you can be pretty sure it's Hylie sucking away at her thumb.  It's particularly amusing when she does so in the quiet moments of Sacrament Meeting.

I almost hesitate to put this in writing, but she is sleeping really well at night.  To say the least, sleep deprivation was wearing me down, so it has been a huge blessing for now...we'll see how long it continues.  When she wakes up, instead of crying we'll hear her talking and moving around and it is just delightful...I wonder how long this phase will last, ha ha!  She's also started putting herself to sleep for naps.  I used to rock her to get her down, but she's been getting better at staying content in her crib and fading away on her own.  I sure miss the snuggle time...but I think in the long run letting her fall asleep on her own will be the better alternative.

Her typical tummy time position...she rarely lifts her head.




So that's this little lady in a nutshell for now!  
We sure are loving every moment.

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow she's cute! Can't believe they're already three months old! Glad she's developing a close relationship with the ceiling fan. ;) I'm gonna pretend she's a bad sleeper just so I don't feel so bad that Braddock is so awful! Ha! Maybe she can give him a few tips over Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute! I am still laughing about the description of her sucking on her thumb! Wish she would have been more awake while we babysat! We can't wait to spend more time with you guys this coming week. Thanks again for the night out!

    ReplyDelete