Friday, October 26, 2012

Movin' On Out!

I've decided no matter how much packing you do, there is always more packing that needs to be done.  But I'm glad that we're moved and most things made it to Chicago intact.

Geoff's parents were oh-so-wonderful and flew in to Denver to help us wrap things up with packing, load the truck, then drove with us to Chicago, and helped us unload everything as well!  We truly could not have done it without their help.


Loading our 23 foot Penske Truck

Grammy Woodhouse getting in some quality time with Hylie





Smiling with Pappy Woodhouse




Hylie got a couple of workouts in with Pappy.




Our almost-empty house...

The almost-full truck!

Geoff ready to hit the road

Unfortunately, the move didn't occur without any 'incidents'.  Geoff missed a step while carrying my butterfly chair and his ankle was badly sprained.
Geoff and I certainly packed up a lot of memories from Denver.  That's where we met, fell in love, got engaged, started our married life, and where our beautiful daughter was born.  How we love all our good friends and wonderful times, but we are excited to see what Chicago has in store.

2 comments:

  1. Man I didn't hear about the sprained ankle. Bummer! I just have to ask...did you leave that vinyl up?? Wonder what the buyers think of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we did leave the Remember quote up. I would have cried if we had to take it down. The contract said I had to leave anything attached to the wall...I think that vinyl was pretty attached. I hope you won't mind, but I'll be placing some more orders when we find our house. :)

      Delete