Thursday, August 9, 2012

Getting Ready for Baby

It's hard to believe that Geoff and I are now at the point where this baby could arrive any day now!  It's extremely exciting (and a little nerve-racking--I admit some nights have been spent sleepless with my brain going a mile-a-minute wondering if I'm ready for this next adventure...)  But we are so blessed for this opportunity of having a child and truly couldn't be happier.

Needless to say, I've had to keep myself busy putting a few things together for our new arrival.  I always love excuses to pull out the sewing supplies and machine. 

With our crazy 90+ heat, I decided to set up shop in the coolest place of our house...the basement, right next to our food storage, ha ha!

My projects have included:


A Car-Seat Cover

Burp Cloths.  Geoff isn't convinced we need more than one burp cloth...we'll see how quickly his opinion changes!
Changing Table Covers
A Nursing Cover.  Originally, I was going to use a cow print to add some humor...I admit I'm a little sad I chickened out!

Crib Skirt.  If you look closely, it's taped on for now.  Mom doesn't know it yet, but she's going to help brain storm on the best way to attach this puppy.
Of course, Geoff has been right in the middle of the action in getting ready for baby.  He masterfully assembled both the Changing Table and Crib. 

Our preparation has also been helped by family as well.  Early on in our pregnancy Mom and Dad Nelson sent out a few items we will need for baby, including a 'Diaper-Changing Kit' for Geoff.

When Dean and Andrea visited they surprised us with these super cute and ever-so-helpful hospital kits:

I also decided to put up a little quote to help provide motivation when getting up for the 17th time in one night.  I got the quote from Neil L. Andersen's talk in the October 2011 General Conference.  We'll see if it helps!
"Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling.  It is not something to do if you can squeeze the time in.  It is what God gave you time for."

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks ready! We're so excited for you and baby Woodhouse is so fortunate to come to such a great family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy and everything has turned out so cute! Have Geoff smell a burp cloth after a day of use and he will be convinced that you need MANY more!!!

    ReplyDelete