Friday, December 2, 2011

It's Tree Time!

Geoff and I put up our little Christmas Tree this past weekend.  Geoff was a pro at assembling our little 5 foot beauty.

I was pretty excited to pull out all the Christmas tree ornaments I've been acquiring through the years.  I've never had a tree before, but I have plenty of fun things to decorate with thanks to all of my thoughtful and generous students and crafty Mom!  Out of all the decorations on the tree, I only purchased about four ornaments--the rest were gifts!  Knowing that, it sure makes you wonder how there could be such a consistent music theme, right?  Ha ha!


 We had fun decorating,


and posing for a picture of our first Christmas together.  

I told Geoff that he will be in so much trouble if he tries to pull his photo faces when we take pictures with our kids and they're finally smiling perfectly, looking at the camera and everything--and there's Dad's face completely out of control.

 Here's Geoff attempting to make our tree appear much taller than it actually is...but the door and windows in the background kind of give it away.

We also took the opportunity to cook up some cranberries the way Geoff's Mom always did growing up.  Yum!

 Finally, Geoff decided to cooperate and take a decent picture for posterity.

1 comment:

  1. Your tree turned out great and we're excited to help you guys celebrate your first official Christmas together! We're counting down the days till you get here!!

    ReplyDelete